Sunday, September 07, 2008

Vasamuseet

26th August
Managed to participant in the final outing for exchange students. Okie, I didn't really participate cuz i didn't mingle with the other students apart from the 3 Chinese i went with. Still, it was a pleasant experience to get to know a little bit about Sweden. 

I arrived at östermalmstorg a little earlier than the others so i could stroll around the place. It was a different sight. For once, there wasn't any Asians around. Not that I have anything against Asians. It's just different. Every now and then, some of them scrutinize me from head to toe but I'm starting to get used to it. oh, and the weather was perfect. :) 

Good weather is rare here. I must treasure them.
Vasamuseet is situated on another island. Hence, we brisk walked along the river and cross a bridge to the other side.

Vasamuseet
The steel mast denotes the actual height of the Ship.


NordicMuseet
Situated opposite the VasaMuseet but we didn't enter.


A picture of the Vasa


The real ship. I cant remember if it's 93% or 97% original.


A model of the ship


A model of the section of the ship

We spent ard 4 hours in the museum. hurhur.. i think we're the last to leave in our group. After which, Bingfeng, my tourguide of the day, and I went island hopping.





It began to drizzle in the evening. Hence, the gloomy sky.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha you manage to get someone to take your photos already.

min* said...

:D hurhur... yes.